Hi! I am so glad that you came to visit my blog. Although I feel like I lead a relatively uninteresting (even boring) life, I do think a lot and usually find something to write about.
When you read my blog, you will quickly learn that my passion is Jesus. The older I get, the more I realize that Jesus defines every aspect of me. I believe that once I thought I was saved but really was not, because there was no fruit. It wasn’t until I started seminary and became interested in researching the modern church that I realized what Jesus meant when He said,
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
I highly recommend reading Matthew 7 from start to finish. Context is everything, I have come to learn. There are a few ‘voices in the wilderness’ that I highly recommend listening to if you are interested in true salvation and theology. John MacArthur, James White, and Paul Washer come immediately to mind.
Now, on a lighter note, here are a couple of random facts about me:
- I am married (unfortunately) to an atheist
- I love animals. I currently am owned by three dogs, two parrots, and two geckos
- Mexican is my favorite food
- Pizza is not high on my list of favorite foods and I am rarely in the mood for it, but when I am my favorite is black olive, pineapple, and onion. I do not like it cold, either.
- I completed my Master of Religious Education degree at Liberty University in December of 2016
- I will begin my Doctor of Educational Ministry degree at Midwestern Seminary in February
- I am a paraprofessional at the elementary school up the street from my house
- I attend a conservative Baptist church and I feel like part of the family
- I have been all-or-nothing my entire life. I cannot figure out how to find healthy balance
- I love the English language and learning new words. I haven’t really focused on learning anything new for a long time, though
- I live in Nebraska, but my heart yearns to live near the ocean. My goal is to live in Florida in a year